These requirments are for children born in Spain of Filipino parent/s
The Report of Birth form must be accomplished by either of the Filipino parents or the legal guardian and the child must be brought to the embassy.
- Duly completed Report of Birth form in five (5) originals
- Original and five (5) photocopies of the following documents:
- Birth Certificate issued by the Spanish Civil Registry (Certificado Literal de Nacimiento)
- Passports of parents
- Marriage contract of parents (if applicable)
- Affidavit of Late Registration and Certificate of No Birth from PSA for children more than 12 months old
- Cash payment for application and processing (refer to Consular Fees)
Additional Requirements (for new-born babies whose parents are not legally married)
- Affidavit of Acknowledgement of Paternity to be executed by the father or private handwritten instrument
- Affidavit to use the father’s surname (AUSF)
- Cash payment for processing (refer to Consular Fees)
The Embassy will forward the Report of Birth to the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) in the Philippines. Applicants may retrieve the PSA-certified birth certificate in the Philippines a minimum of three (3) months after reporting the birth to the Embassy.