Before making an Visa Application please read the Visa Information page.
Since 20 December 2021, the Philippine Embassy in Madrid launched the Online Visa Application System (OVAS). In this regard, ALL foreign nationals who wish to apply for a 9(A) Temporary Visitor’s visa must file their visa applications online through https://www.visa.gov.ph.
Below are the step-by-step procedures to apply for 9(A) visa through OVAS:
- Log-in to https://www.visa.gov.ph and carefully follow the instructions in the platform;
- Once your online application was successfully registered in the portal, a confirmation email will be sent to your registered email;
- After receiving your confirmation email, please send an email to email@example.com to inform us of your application for a visa; and
- The Visa Officer will then provide you a list of requirements to submit through firstname.lastname@example.org for initial assessment. Once the submitted documents were approved, an appointment schedule will then be provided to the visa applicant.
- For visa queries please email us at email@example.com
- For the time being, the online portal only accommodates application for 9(A) Temporary Visitors Visa. Application for 9(E), 9(C) and other type of visas that the Embassy is authorized to issue will still follow the manual procedure
- The online portal is ONLY used for the INITIAL submission of the visa application.
- Submitting the application form through the online portal DOES NOT mean your visa is already in process.
- Applications filed in the online portal will only be APPROVED if the applicant was able to comply with all the visa requirements.
- Processing of visa will take one (1) working day/next-day release for express processing and three (3) working days for regular processing.
- Regular Visa Fees –Euro 33.00 + Euro 11.00 (for expedite processing)
- Visa Processing Schedule – 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon
Visa Releasing Schedule – 3:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Foreign nationals entering the Philippines: Highlights of IATF Resolution No. 2 dated 4 October 2022 IATF Resolution No. 2 | IATF (doh.gov.ph)
- Pre-departure testing for fully vaccinated inbound travelers shall no longer be required if the foreigner is deemed fully-vaccinated;
- For foreign nationals ages 15 years and older who are unvaccinated, partially vaccinated or whose vaccination status cannot be independently validated are required to present a laboratory-based antigen negative test result administered and certified by a healthcare professional in a healthcare facility, laboratory clinic, pharmacy or other similar establishments taken within 24 hours prior to departure from the country of origin; and
- Foreigners who fail to present a negative pre-departure testing, shall be required to undergo a laboratory-based rapid antigen negative test administered and certified by a healthcare professional in a healthcare facility, laboratory clinic, pharmacy or other similar establishments taken upon arrival at the airport.