02 September 2011 – In view of the raising of alert level 3 (voluntary repatriation) for the entire Syria due to the security situation in the country and upon the instruction of President Benigno S. Aquino III for the full and effective implementation of the alert level, the DFA has implemented additional measures to ensure the safety and welfare of Filipinos there.
- Filipinos in Syria are enjoined to go home, and if they so decide, government will provide all necessary assistance.
Since the declaration of alert level 3 on August 16, there are 562 Filipinos who have signified their intention to be repatriated to the Philippines.
- The DFA has organized the Task Group on Voluntary Repatriation-Syria. Relatives of Filipinos in Syria living in the Philippines may call the following numbers:
– From 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., they may also call hotlines 834-4617 to 24, in addition to the previous numbers 834-3245 and 834-3240.
– From 8 p.m. to 8 a.m., the numbers 834-3333 and 834-4997 are open to accept calls.
- Filipinos in Syria may call the Philippine Embassy in Damascus at the dedicated hotline numbers +96311-6132626, +96393-2176214 and +96399-0270464 to seek assistance and information from the Embassy.
- Queries and request for assistance may also be sent via text at +639275768621or +639158445546.
- The Overseas Preparedness and Response Team, headed by Executive Secretary Paquito Ochoa Jr., will deploy a 10-member Rapid Response Team (RRT) for Syria as augmentation personnel to the Embassy in its efforts to repatriate Filipinos in the country. The team is composed of officials from the DFA, the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE), the Department of National Defense (DND) and the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG). They are expected to leave for Syria on September 6